Full course description
What happens to your digital identity when you die? Are there things you could be doing now to manage your digital presence when you're not around?
In a digital era, most of us have a strong online presence through social media accounts, blogs, images, a web browsing history and more. But what happens to this digital footprint when we die? How will our digital assets be managed?
You can gain an understanding of what death means in an era of digital networks and social media, and how to better prepare for and help others deal with posthumous data and assets.
This credential is particularly suitable for:
- Professionals transitioning new working arrangements and roles into cybersecurity or digital asset management
- Businesses aim to provide a professional development for employees in regards to the fundamental aspects of digital world and asset management
By completing this credential you will learn to:
- better understand the implications of death in relation to digital assets, including online content and personal communication
- apply a working awareness of current policies and procedures relating to digital death
- develop strategies to navigate the demise of family members or employees in terms of their digital traces
- consider the implications of a digital will for yourself and others
- complete a pass/fail authentic, industry relevant assessment to provide the opportunity to demonstrate learning mastery.
This credential is developed online where you're encouraged to work through the learning materials at your own pace. The course finishes with a face-to-face session.
To successfully complete this credential, you are required to pass a final assessment.
Once you successfully complete and pass the final assessment, you'll earn a digital badge that is instantly shareable to your social networks (including LinkedIn) which showcases your new skills and knowledge mastery.
This credential provides foundation knowledge in a discipline and doesn't require previous knowledge.
You will also earn 5 credit points which are in line with Australian Qualification Framework Level 8 criteria, ensuring comprehensive theoretical and/or technical knowledge of the credential.
Curtin Credentials focus on five themes, which have been carefully curated based on what's most relevant and valuable to professionals today, and in the future. This credential fits within the following theme:
Embrace advances in digital technology, explore how it impacts our lives and learn how digital practices can optimise your business.
*Curtin may cancel or reschedule a credential at any time and for any reason as it sees fit. The Start Date and the other details of this credentials are provided as a general guide only and may change from time to time.
✝This credential involves one day of instruction, however to pass and gain five credit points, you will need to commit further time to complete the full set of learning activities including (but not limited to) self-guided study and research, extension readings, activities and the final assessment activity.
^A mix of online and face-to-face learning.
§Price subject to change. Please check price at time of purchase.